Wednesday, December 06, 2006

 

I Freak Myself Out!

So last night I spent a couple hours after work unitl T. got home by myself in the new place! The last couple days someone has been with me, but yesterday from 5:30 - 8pm I worked ALONE!

Now I don't know about any of you, but I do a pretty damn good job at Freak'n myself out! First, I don't like being alone at night. I always think someone is hiding in a closet or something (this is why I refuse to watch scary movies - because I think it is real!) So anyways - being downstairs sucked b/c some of the windows do not have curtains/drapes over them because we are painting so with the lights on I can't really see out but people could see in! (it is a nice community...but still I think about it!) So I went upstairs to do some work in our empty house and the silence was killing me! I could hear things creek/heat turning on/water/wind....EVERYTHING! And of course I focused on all the noises and freaked myself out more! After I finished taping upstairs I walked downstairs, grabbed a pepsi, and called T. to see how long before he would be home!

Now I know it is nothing! I have done the same thing with every new place I have lived as well as well as I still do it if T. isn't around at night. I check all the closets, doors, make sure no one is around! But now I have a much bigger place to check, including a basement (eek!) as well as a whole bunch of new sounds to get use to! Once we have our stuff there and I get use to the sounds it will be fine! But until then, if I am alone, I will most likely freak myself out again!


However, having this new place makes it worth it! So what if I go a little crazy in the process! haha!

Comments:
I totally understand. I am sooooo good at freaking myself out. I have this thing where I always think someone is going to break in while I'm upstairs sleeping... I go on and on in my head about how I might defend myself... Once I get going, I can't stop myself.
 
I say, get yourself a portable radio to make some noise!!! And tack up some cheep sheets over your downstairs windows for now. It just might help!
 
I do the same thing.

I remember how uncomfortable I was when we moved into our house. Right after we moved in, C. was gone for 3 weeks and it was just me and Nattie...and all of the new noises.

We would both jumpe even when the fridge would turn on. ;-)

Mrs. T. is right -- definitely get a radio or something. And cover those windows so you don't feel like your being peeked in on.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?