Tuesday, December 12, 2006

 

Question of the Day - Home Edition!



Do you use contact paper in your cabinets and drawers?


We just removed this UGLY and old contact paper from every cabinet and drawer in the house. We are still in the process of deciding do we get new contact paper or just leave it out? Do we put it in all the drawers/cabinets or just certain ones? And what about the difference between the regular contact paper and the coushy/net like "paper" - which is better? I know it is good to protect the wood and stuff but is it important or more of a problem?


Any suggestions, what do you have, any preferences?

Comments:
I think it's more of a problem than anything.

I had to remove a boatload of it from my cabinets, and that alone made me decided never to do it.

I hate the cushy kind, because I'm short, and when you use it you can't slide things into those taller shelves that I can't reach. And then it just bunches up in the back and it annoying.

Regardless of what you use, you're going to have to wipe out your cupboards every once in awhile. I mean, they'll all collect some dust over time, so what's the difference.

And to protect your wood cabinets, I think you just have to make sure your dishes/glasses are just dry before you put them away.
 
(oh, I should add that I do think they're nice for one thing...knife drawers. They do help protect from nicks and stuff, and keep them from sliding too much when you're searching and then keep you from cutting yourself.)
 
I use the cushy kind. It's such a pain installing any kind of this stuff but contact paper is much worse because of the sticky factor. We just moved into our new house about the time you were closing on yours. I had used the cushy kind in our old house and used it again. I noticed as I was packing the old house that it had kind of stuck to the shelves over the four years we were there. I've never really had a problem with bunching other than right at first.

That's true about the sliding factor that Mrs. Turtle is talking about. I use those divided trays for utensils in my knife drawer and also one in a drawer for my spatulas and measuring spoons.
 
YAY Lindsay on the house! HOW EXCITING!!!

These are all great pieces of info. I think we are going to do some of the cabinets in the paper and some not! Like the knife drawer - good tip!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?