Tuesday, January 02, 2007

 

Goodbye my dear friend - I hardly knew you!



So our washing machine is broken. It was never used by us (came with the house) and I imagine it was not in great working order before we got there! It is fairly old and I don't think worth fixing with our home warrenty. The motor runs but it doesn't spin and there is some rust in the washer....so it is time for it to move on! It isn't that big of deal because besides the washer and dryer all the other appliances were brand new....so if we have to spend a little money on a washer it is all good!! We have some gift cards from Best Buy we may use - which is nice! Right now we are heading to the laundry mat to do our clothes (blog to come on wrestling kitties).

So if you have any suggestions on good brands of washing machines to get (mid-level) please let us know!!! Also, where can you dispose of old appliances that no longer work? I don't think the trash man would like to see that!!

Comments:
We just got front loading LG's from Home Depot. They do cost more but the efficency is well worth it already. In our last house we used about 4-5k gallons of water a month. In the first 6 weeks at our new house we used 4k gallons. The lady at Home Depot told us they have had no trouble from the LG's. Also, the front loaders use 7 gallons of water opposed to 37 in a regular washer. I can also tell a difference in how our clothes feel. I'm totally sold after using them for a month now. Also, I started buying the ALL 3 times concentrated and it only takes an ounce per load.
 
I got a front load washer over a year ago and I completely agree with Lindsay. I was amazed at how much cleaner my clothes felt at first...the the amount of water you don't waste is crazy.

We have a Kenmore Elite. Took a floor model that had some bangs and scratches in it, but works perfectly. Taking the floor model cut the cost more than in half! But knowing how much better they are, if I had to buy one full price, I still would!
 
I believe we have some generic version at home - came with the house and was relatively new. Works great.

(Yeah, I realize that was of ZERO help. Sorry. :-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?