Tuesday, January 09, 2007

 

Things I Enjoy or Re-enjoy about our New Place




Ok, we have officially been living in our new place since December 22 and over the past 2 ½ weeks have a list of things I love about our new place or have a re-discovered love of doing!


1. Having one and a half bathrooms – two toilets comes in handy!
2. Having a garage
3. I once again like doing the dishes
4. Laundry will be fun once we get our washer and dryer (thanks again M&M!!)
5. Putting clothes away in our new dresser (usually I just kept them on piles on our floor)
6. Having adult neighbors – even if I never see them
7. Not having to fight for a parking space
8. Not hearing our neighbors above us or across the hall
9. How easy it is to get on the highway from our new place
10. How close we are to Wal-Mart (I know not everyone likes Wal-mart…but it is nice being as close as we are!)
11. Seeing our cats enjoy the new place (they run up and down the stairs chasing each other, love the new furniture, and really just seem happier since the move)
12. Paying my mortgage – I know this will get old but I did enjoy writing that first check this month!
13. Coming home and having this place actually FEEL like home
14. Having my family spend the weekend at our new place
15. Having a dining room
16. Having friends come over and say they feel comfortable and relaxed at our new place (that is how I want everyone to feel when they come over!)
17. Going to the store and buying stuff for our house
18. OUR NEW FURNITURE!!!
19. Having two a two-story home!
20. Having a basement – even though I would prefer not to go down there often
21. Our painted walls – they look fabulous ;-)
22. Going to the mailbox to get our mail AND that UPS will actually deliver and drop off at our place (they were not great living in an apartment!)
23. Cooking
24. Trash Day (every Thursday!)
25. Having a bigger kitchen with tons of cabinet space
26. Building a home and starting a life with my wonderful husband!

I know there is TONS more, but that is good for now! I truly LOVE our place, it feels perfect!

Comments:
Yay
Yay
Yay

Sounds perfect!

Again, Congratulations!
 
Woohoo! Sounds awesome J! Glad to hear all is going extremely well on your new home:)
 
:-)

What a lovely list. YAY for you. ;-)
 
You like doing the dishes (#3)?

I once said I'd rather clean the toliet bowl with my toothbrush than do dishes.

That aside, I know this is late in coming, but CONGRATS! I'm so happy your house is making you happy!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?